Birthday 2018 – The Year Ahead (March 01, 2018 to March 01, 2019)
- What is the inner focus of your energies? — Ogoun Bhalin’Dio (Congo/5/Upright) — Force of will is directed like a laser beam; Healing is more important than anything else; Skills of the Invisible World are used to treat the causes and symptoms of the diseases of the Visible World; Seek out and destroy the agents that occasion the disease’s coming; Determined healer; Cut disease away; True healer; Field of battle is the enflamed body of the patient, even in diseases where the cause lies in the spirit (Martinié & Glassman, 1992, pp. 135-136).
2. What is the outer focus of your energies? — Oyá (Santería/3/Upright) — Ancestors rise to your call and guide your feet; Within you the womb and tomb are held in perfect balance; *Mother of Storms; Might of earth acting through *Binah/Understanding of secret things/Archetypal prototypical manifestation; Compacted power; Ever erupting under tremendous pressure; Owns the torn cloth used in ancestral masquerades; Wrenching movement between worlds (pp. 119-120).
3. What are your subconscious needs and desires that form the basis of the situation? — La Place (Congo/Upright) — Crossroads as splitting the world into the Visible and Invisible; Calm surface covering a fiery interior (p. 206).
4. What talent or ability that you bring with you from the past will assist or hinder you? What opportunities are you most receptive to? — Nan Nan Bouclou La Flambeau (Petro/2/Upright) — Transmits the fires of knowledge; Her fire burns in star and hearth/home; Basis of harmonious individuality; Spiritual fire pierces the foreheads of those persons nearby, imparting a primary infusion of will/commitment; Individual will focused in such a way as to bring change upon another for good or ill (pp. 102-103).
5. What are you thinking about? What are your ideas and ambitions in the situation? — Dance (VII/Upright) — Loa/spirit exists in world of pure *movement; Those who serve spirit are loa’s point of entry into visible world; Point where the dancer/spirit-server leaves and only the dance/spirit remains; A being of great power is born in the union of hounsi/spirit-server and loa/spirit; Victory (pp. 53-54).
6. How will you act and use your abilities in the near future? What decisions will you make? — Houngan (Rada/Upright) — *Stormy tempest/whirlwind of the heavens; Winds shake the earth to its foundation; Gone into possession, leaving the Visible World for that of the Invisible; Regal presence; Readiness to attack (p. 194).
7. How do you see yourself in the situation? — Carnival (XXI/Upright) —To they who hold back nothing, nothing will be withheld; Abandonment of self; The cycle is complete; Opens the door between worlds; Clothed in mystery (pp. 53-54).
8. How do others see you in this situation? What is the environment in which this takes place? — Guedeh La Flambeau (Petro/3/Upright) — Where the fire of *Binah/understanding burns; “The little death”; Instant brilliant seduction experienced by the moth before its body joins with the flame it loves so much; Power (pp. 113-114).
9. What lesson do you need to learn? What must you resolve for further development to take place? What do you hope for and fear? — Ayida Wedo (Congo/1/Upright) — *Rainbow road the Great Invisbles may walk; Has joined with the serpent/wild in such a deep manner that one is almost indistinguishable from the other; Ability to exert pressure; Constricting force used as means of communication; Astral menstrum/Blood discharged from the uterus of the stars; Pressure of *The Great Mother (pp. 95-96).
10. What is your individual expression in the future, based on your thoughts and energy expression in the present? — Marassa (VI/Upright) — Gemini; Symmetry/Exactly similar parts; Ancient beyond reckoning; Fields sprang to life; Enjoyment of duality as an expression of existence; Turning a perceived threat to your benefit by emphasizing common ground (pp. 50-52).
11. Bottom of the Deck — Santera (Santería/Upright) — Controls the forces of life; Great knowledge and control of the forces of death; Accepts only so much before asserting itself with great force; Much like the Great Sea of *Binah/the forces of life and death, all potential is here; Large capacity for giving and receiving of love; Dire/dreadful are the consequences if her love and loyalty are betrayed (p. 202).
12. Outcome — Ehwaz (*Movement/Upright) — Relationship may need to undergo changes if it is to live and grow; Steadfastness; As I cultivate my own nature, all else follows; Horse *drawing the sun across the sky; You have progressed far enough to feel a measure of safety in your position; Face the future reassured, prepared to share the good fortune that comes your way; Sun’s power to *foster life; Sun’s power to illuminate all things with its light (Blum, 1983, pp. 125-126).
I manifest the prototype of the determined healer. With my fiery interior I bring change upon another by way of my constricting, illuminating burn of Understanding. Uniting with the Invisible World and leaving the Visible, I hold back nothing and, therefore, spring to life where all potential is.
Blum, R. (1983). The book of runes: The handbook for the use of an ancient oracle — The viking runes. St. Martin’s Press: New York.
Martinié, L. & Glassman, S.A. (1992). The new orleans voodoo tarot. Destiny Books: Rochester, Vermont.
https://www.scu.edu/illuminate/ (Featured image)
Published March 04, 2018 4:15pm — JCN