Birthday Tarot Spread for March 1, 2017 to March 1, 2018
Question: What does this year have in store for me?
Celtic Cross Spread:
- What is the inner focus of your energies? Knight of Swords (Reversed) – Detours; Upholding inner truth (Greer, 2002, p. 270).
- What is the outer focus of your energies? 4 of Swords (Reversed) – Jupiter in Libra (Current position); Awakening from sleep; Ending a period of isolation (p. 254).
- What are your subconscious needs and desires that form the basis of the situation? Death (Upright) – Liberation (p. 241).
- What talent or ability that you bring with you from the past will assist or hinder you? What opportunities are you most receptive to? 3 of Pentacles (Upright) – Materialization of the sacred; Aesthetics/Appreciation of beauty/Artistic taste (p. 252).
- What are you thinking about? What are your ideas and ambitions in the situation? Justice (Reversed) – Libra; Restitution/Restoration of something lost or stolen to its proper owner; Divination/Seeking knowledge of the unknown by supernatural means (p. 240).
- How will you act and use your abilities in the near future? What decisions will you make? The Magician (Reversed) – Art; Beguiling; Enchanting; Engaging; Medicine person (p. 233).
- How do you see yourself in the situation? 10 of Pentacles (Reversed) – The fact of no longer being part of a social group; Difference; Spiritual work with ancestors (p. 265).
- How do others see you in this situation? What is the environment in which this takes place? The Chariot (Upright) – You “mirror” the actions and emotional feelings of those around you; Development of the personality – The outer mask presented to the world; Your identity in the world; Imagining yourself to be beyond human limitations (p. 237).
- What lesson do you need to learn? What must you resolve for further development to take place? What do you hope for and fear? The World (Reversed) – Lacking the whole picture; Inertia/Continuing in an existing state of rest or uniform motion; Irresponsible free spirit; Putting another on a pedestal; Prima Materia/Alchemy/Ubiquitous starting material required for the alchemical magnum opus and the creation of the philosopher’s stone/Most important work of an artist or writer/Elixir of life/Achieving immortality/Inner wholeness (pp. 246-247).
- What is your individual expression in the future, based on your thoughts and energy expression in the present? 3 of Cups (Upright) – Shared ideals; Alliance/Relationship based on affinity in interests, nature, or qualities; Liveliness; Fruitfulness/Fertile/Abundance/Rapidity in baring fruit; Achievement (pp. 251-252).
- Bottom of deck: 9 of Cups (Upright) – Wishes fulfilled; Smug/Having and showing unrestrained pride in oneself or one’s achievements (p. 262).
- Outcome card: Sustenance (Upright) – Time of abundance; Appreciate all treats; Finding interesting ways to experience life; Finding stimulating ways to experience life; Time to learn; Refusing to create can be detrimental; Only you can truly know what your soul desires; Acting in ways contrary to what others expect or hope (Hartfield, 2016, p. 25); Food and drink regarded as a source of strength and nourishment (Google).
Awakening from a phase of sleep, I liberate myself by upholding my inner truth. Materializing the sacred artist, I restore knowledge of the unknown by supernatural means. No longer seeing myself as part of a social group, I imagine myself to be beyond human limitation, which allows me to enchant when I engage. It is by way of Prima Materia, or the ubiquitous starting material required for the alchemical magnum opus and the creation of the philosopher’s stone, that I realize liveliness and attract alliances of shared ideals. Acting with unrestrained pride, contrary to what others hope or expect, I find stimulating and abundant ways to experience life.
Greer, M. (2002). Tarot for your self: A workbook for personal transformation. The Career Press: Pompton Plains, NJ.
Questions above: (Greer, 2002, pp. 97-98).
Hartfield, A. (2016). Whispers of lord ganesha. Blue Angel Publishing: Victoria, Australia.
Waite, A.E. (2012). The original rider waite tarot pack: Complete with instruction booklet. United States Games Systems: Stamford, CT.
https://glowgalleryblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/magnum-opus-piece/ (Featured image)
Published on March 3, 2017 11:38pm – JCN